Governor Lamont recently issued Executive Order 9N, which increases the penalty on businesses that violate DECD Sector Rules from $500 to $10,000. This penalty may be assessed by a local health department or municipal enforcement designee, such as a local police department. The Executive Order specifically references violations of capacity limits in addition to violation of any other DECD Sector Rule, which may include failure of a business to require employees to wear masks. Businesses should be diligent in monitoring Executive Orders and DECD Sector Rules as such Orders and Rules are subject to change with short notice.
Should you have questions about the Sector Rules for your industry, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Carmody attorney or any member of the Labor & Employment team.
Giovanna Tiberii Weller
(203) 575-2651; email@example.com
Domenico Zaino, Jr.
(203) 578-4270; firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephanie E. Cummings
(203) 575-2649; email@example.com
Maureen Danehy Cox
(203) 575-2642; firstname.lastname@example.org
(203) 578-4284; email@example.com
Sarah S. Healey
(203) 578-4225; firstname.lastname@example.org
Timothy S. Klimpl
(203) 252-2683; email@example.com
Howard K. Levine
(203) 784-3102; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark F. Williams
(203) 575-2618; email@example.com
Sherwin M. Yoder
(203) 784-3107; firstname.lastname@example.org