The CANNABIS and hemp industry is growing
Our Cannabis practice represents and advises clients on the laws, issues and regulations related to cannabis, hemp, and CBD.
Carmody is one of the first law firms in Connecticut to form a multi-disciplinary practice group focused on the needs the cannabis, medical marijuana, and hemp industries. For nearly a decade, our firm has been representing and advising clients on the laws related to medical marijuana, adult-use cannabis, hemp, CBD, THC, cultivation, extraction, distribution, and other ancillary cannabis services, business, and products.
Our Cannabis practice is a cohesive group of attorneys with experience guiding clients through the rapidly evolving cannabis and hemp industries, including state and federal regulatory issues, licensing, financing, raising capital, corporate formation, real estate and business transactions, taxes, employment issues, land use and zoning, as well as employment and personnel matters, and intellectual property representation.
We represent cannabis, hemp, THC, and CBD clients across U.S. states and we are part of an international network of law firms that allows us to comprehensively service the needs of our international cannabis and hemp clients.
Our Cannabis practice’s multi-disciplinary approach provides the full spectrum of legal services need in the cannabis, hemp, and CBD industries to assist clients with:
Establishing or Investing in a Cannabis Business
- Regulatory and legislative concerns.
- Corporation formation, business transactions, and other business activities.
- Obtaining financing and investments for cannabis, hemp, and CBD businesses, and collaterally related investment opportunities.
- Commercial liability and business operations concerns.
- Tax reporting, tax benefits, and financial compliance.
- Business and investor disputes.
- Real estate transactions and land use representation; including drafting leases, tenant negotiations, zoning representation, and real estate litigation.
- State and local permitting.
- Intellectual property protection, brand and trademark advice, and patent representation.
Operating a Cannabis Business
- Advertising/marketing guidance and consumer protection compliance/representation.
- Data privacy and information security.
- Labor and employment matters, including, hiring, contracts, termination, benefits, and other employment policies.
- Product testing/product liability/product labeling.
- Ongoing business compliance.
Related Cannabis Services
- Guidance to employers in general concerning employment, personnel, and union matters, including providing guidance to employers concerning changing cannabis law regulations.
- Government investigations/regulatory compliance/white collar defense.
- Workers compensation and personal injury claims involving cannabis use.
- Data breaches and electronic security incidents.
Carmody can advise on medical and recreational cannabis, industrial and boutique hemp, and CBD clients. Please contact us for consultation.
Disclaimer: The Rules that govern attorney conduct require that we inform our prospective clients of the conflict between the state and federal statutes, and that the conflict exists regardless of whether federal authorities in Connecticut are, or are not, actively enforcing the federal statutes. Note that the law and policy applicable to this industry may change at any time.