- This event has passed.
Who Is an Independent Contractor? Pitfalls of Misclassification and The U.S. Department Of Labor’s Newly Proposed Rule
November 29, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
On Tuesday, November 29, Timothy Klimpl will co-present “Who Is an Independent Contractor? Pitfalls of Misclassification and The U.S. Department Of Labor’s Newly Proposed Rule” for the Fairfield County Bar Association.
About the Program
Please join us for a 60-minute seminar that you may find both enlightening and informative. This short seminar will cover some of the most important and often overlooked issues in the classifications of employees and independent contractors, potential pitfalls resulting in misclassification, and the impact of the newly proposed rule. The topics will include:
- Anticipating misclassifications and avoiding liability
- Who is an employee and who is an independent contractor?
- What changes are being proposed?
- What will be the impact of the new rule if adopted?
- Practice pointers to avoid potential claims in payroll, wage & hour compliance, employment and consulting agreements, and employee benefits
Click here to register.