- This event has passed.
Proliferation of Short Term Rentals (Airbnb) and Implications for Local Zoning Regulations, and Review of Recent Connecticut Land Use Case Law
February 23, 2017 @ 12:00 am
Attorneys Jacqueline O. Kaufman and Jason A. Klein will present on the Proliferation of Short Term Rentals (Airbnb) and Implications for Local Zoning Regulations and the Review of Recent Connecticut Land Use Case Law to the Fairfield Bar Association.
The sharing economy has impacted a variety of industries. Short term rental companies, such as Airbnb, are changing the way people travel and use their homes. This program will explore this concept, and more, including:
- What are the opportunities and challenges to residential property owners and single family neighborhoods posed by short term rentals?
- What are the impacts of short term rentals on density measurements?
- Should short term rentals arranged through services such as Airbnb be treated differently than private rentals?
- What lessons can be learned from other municipalities that have enacted short-term rental specific zoning regulations?
- How can short term rentals work in our coastal communities?
- How are zoning regulations impacted by short term rentals, and are text changes necessary to regulate this use?
For more information and to register, please click here.