- This event has passed.
American Conference Institute’s National Forum on Wage and Hour Claims and Class Actions
January 26, 2017 @ 12:00 am - January 27, 2017 @ 12:00 am
Class Certification Developments…Joint Employer Liability…Misclassification and Exempt Employee Determinations… FLSA Revisions to White Collar Exemption Requirements… Off-the-Clock Claims… Minimum Wage Violations… THE LIST GOES ON
It has never been more essential to be well versed in all the new nuances involved in defending against and managing the latest wage and hour claims and class actions. Come join your colleagues and clients at the nation’s premier wage and hour forum and hone your skills and strategies needed to keep pace with this rapidly changing area of law, manage and defend against new and innovative claims, and prepare for emerging regulations and evolving enforcement priorities.
American Conference Institute’s 26th National Forum on Wage & Hour Claims and Class Actions will provide you with an unparalleled opportunity to convene with expert in-house counsel from Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Bank of America, Nordstrom, Interval Leisure Group, Boehringer Ingelheim, Family Dollar Stores, Masco Corporation, Canam Steel Corporation, PSEG Services, Equifax, Marsh & McLennan, Allied World Insurance, Nordstrom, Allegis Group and more, as well as renowned federal and state judges, and leading outside counsel from around the nation, who will provide you with expert advice, insider strategies, and comprehensive updates on:
- Wage and hour year in review: analyzing the key wage & hour case law
- developments and DOL initiatives of 2015, and what they mean for your practice in 2016
- The Latest on DOL white collar exemption changes: analyzing the practical implications of the new rules & strategies for minimizing litigation risks
- Joint employer liability under the wage and hour laws: the implications of the NLRB Browning-Ferris decision on the wage and hour landscape
- The latest claims arising out of minimum and prevailing wage violations, improper tip and tip credit practices, state paid sick leave & scheduling laws
- The role of an economic expert in measuring and demonstrating damages in wage and hour class actions
- Winning strategies for handling class & collective wage and hour actions
- Ethical issues in wage & hour litigation and settlement
- Preparing for and surviving a DOL audit and aggressive investigations by
- state equivalents
- The latest DOL guidance on independent contractor vs. employee; and defending federal and state claims involving the improper labeling of exempt/non-exempt employees by key industry
- The expanding utility of wage & hour insurance
- Compensable time in the modern day workplace – defending and managing the latest off-the-clock claims relating to employee use of blackberry’s/mobile devices, BYOD policies & working remotely
Register early by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563.