- News & Media
Makana Ellis represents clients in a diverse range of litigation matters including breach of contract, construction, criminal law, land use, mass tort and product liability, medical device, real estate, personal injury, and pharmaceutical matters. Makana received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Yale College and her Juris Doctor from the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law. She is a native of New Haven.
Makana previously worked as a public defender at the Bridgeport G.A. 2 Courthouse, representing clients on the motor vehicle and domestic violence docket and providing arraignments. Makana also clerked at the New Haven J.D. Superior Courthouse in civil, family, and criminal court.
Prior to law school, Makana worked at Yale University as the inaugural director of the Dixwell-Yale University Community Learning Center, an education facility which provided after school programs for New Haven area youth and health and wellness programs for adults.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Executive Committee 2021-Present
- George W. Crawford Black Bar Association
- Secretary 2019-2020
- President-Elect 2020-2021
- President 2021-2022
- Christian Community Action of New Haven: Board of Directors 2017-Present
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
- Yale Alumni Schools Committee
- Yale Club of New Haven