- News & Media
Gary has extensive trial experience in complex financial, commercial, employment and environmental litigation. Gary also has extensive experience representing fund managers, hedge funds, private equity funds, and placement agents in all types of complex disputes. Gary has tried many cases to verdict in federal and state courts involving all kinds of complex business disputes and environmental claims, including cases involving real estate and business valuation, lender liability, business torts, fund managers, placement agents, and covenants not to compete. Gary also has significant experience in complicated ADR proceedings including multi-party and international business arbitrations in the commercial, financial, and securities fields and is a member of the American Arbitration Association’s panel of arbitrators.
- Regularly represents fund managers, hedge funds, private equity funds, placement agents, and other financial services clients in all types of complex litigations and arbitrations.
- Regularly represents clients in complex international and domestic arbitrations.
- Successfully defended client’s title to multi-million dollar Andy Warhol work after lengthy trial and appeal.
- Severed as local counsel to a global company that successfully defended claims under the Securities Act of 1933 and related derivative suit.
- Successfully represented senior executive in 20-day arbitration arising out of a change in control agreement resulting in full payment to our client.
- Represented a hedge fund in a multimillion dollar fraud claim against international bank and obtained remedy in excess of $30 Million.
- Represented placement agents in complicated fee dispute claims against hedge funds and private equity funds disputing fees and obtained full award and punitive attorney’s fees award.
- Regularly represents commercial property owners in complicated property tax appeals and valuation cases.
- Represented parties in complicated will contest case in probate court and superior court.
- Represented property owners in significant environmental claim involving contamination and stigma damages.
- Represented developer against private lender in fraud and predatory lending claim and obtained decision in which the Court required the lender to pay damages to the borrower in excess of the debt.
- Represented purchaser of millions of dollars of industrial batteries in claims against seller for violation of specifications.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Commercial Litigation, 2022-2023
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Real Estate Law, 2019-2023
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell© Peer Review Ratings
- Included on the American Arbitration Association’s National Roster of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers®, 2008-2021
- Articles and Comments Editor of the University of Miami Law Review and Moot Court instructor during law school
- Gary Klein Appointed to Serve on the Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel
- Carmody Attorneys Listed as “Top Lawyers in Fairfield County”
- 33 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected to the 2020 Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars in Connecticut Lists
- Attorney Gary Klein Appointed to the Commission On Judicial Compensation
- 29 Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey LLP Attorneys Selected for Best Lawyers®
- Second Circuit Judiciary Council Committee on Civic Education, Member
- American Arbitration Association Panel of Arbitrators, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Federal Practice Section, Chair, 2010-2012
- Connecticut Bar Association, Committee on the Federal Judiciary, 2012-present
- Connecticut Bar Association, House of Delegates, 2004-2007
- Federal Bar Council
- Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority, Arbitrator
- Special Master, United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Special Master and Attorney Trial Referee, Connecticut Superior Court
- Adjunct Professor, Law and the Environment, Fairfield University (1999-2000)
- Connecticut Commission on Judicial Compensation
- City of Stamford Environmental Protection Board.
- City of Stamford Board of Education, Chair, Policy Committee
- Stamford Public Education Foundation
- Stamford Partnership, Executive Committee and Chair of Presidential Search Committee
- Hearing Officer, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- High School Mock Trial, Judge and Coach