- News & Media
Dave’s practice focuses on business and commercial disputes, including trials in state and federal courts, administrative proceedings, and appeals. Dave works diligently to align the legal and business objectives of his clients, while providing them with value. He often handles litigation involving contracts, insurance coverage, construction and restrictive covenants.
David also has extensive experience in litigating matters involving real property, including land use, tax appeals and actions involving title. A substantial component of Dave’s legal work involves eminent domain cases. He represents both property owners and condemning authorities, including utility and energy companies and municipal agencies.
In addition to his traditional litigation practice, David regularly represents clients in applications and administrative proceedings before state agencies including the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH), Office of Health Strategy – formerly known as the Office of Health Care Access (OHCA), the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA), Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) and Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP). He also has substantial experience in appealing agency decisions to the Connecticut Superior Court.
David also has considerable experience representing and advising beverage alcohol clients in permitting, investigations and compliance under state and federal alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Representation of public utilities companies in numerous appeals from agency decisions concerning ratemaking and statutory penalties appeals
- Representation of property owners in numerous land use appeals
- Representation of health care provider in adverse/competing application for proposed cardiac catheterization facility
- Representation of provider in proceedings for transfer of interest in CT scan imaging facility
- Trial or settlement of in excess of sixty eminent domain actions
- Obtained injunction against municipality’s attempted taking of commercial property by eminent domain
- Successfully tried quiet title action concerning ownership of commercial property, defeating claims of adverse possession and prescriptive easements
- Successful representation of policyholder against insurer, obtaining judgment for breach of duty to defend and indemnify under commercial general liability policy
- Successful representation of policyholder against insurer, obtaining appraisal arbitration award for damage to commercial property two times the value of insurer’s final settlement offer
- Part of team that successfully enjoined state and local authorities from unlawfully interfering with federally authorized interstate natural gas pipeline project
- Benchmark Litigation – Future Star, 2022-2023
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, in the area of Commercial Litigation, 2022-2023
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell © Peer Review Ratings
- James W. Cooper, Fellow Connecticut Bar Foundation
- Selected for inclusion in Connecticut Super Lawyers® in the area of Business Litigation, 2009-2015
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Former President, The University of Connecticut Law School Alumni Association, Inc.
- Former Chairman, Town of Madison Board of Assessment Appeals
Through Dave’s exhaustive legal research, creativity, diligence, superb presentation in Court and cool head, we won the case.Metro New York Real Estate Developer
David is an excellent attorney and advocate.Opposing counsel
Dave knows what it takes to get even the most complex deals done. In the conference room or courtroom, Dave is an ally you’ll want by your side.Real Estate Supervisor, Publicly Traded Energy Company